…Tianna Jenkins is busy creating cool, edgy and fabulous accessories! Your probably wondering..who is Tianna Jenkins?! Well she’s the most adorable 18 year old accessory designer from New Orleans that I discovered on Twitter. She designs interesting retro inspired accessories that pop! I’m a lover of all accessories trendy, futuristic and bold so when I came across Tianna’s pieces, I had to hit her up! I asked her to email me a few photos of her designs and she sent then the same night…I knew I had to share her fabulous pieces with you!
Tianna formerly was the third member of Kreative Couture Designz, a company she founded but decided to branch off and do her own thing. She created LA VINTAGE TRIBE with her own ideas and visions along with inspiration from her love of fashion, retro art, and Raven Symone.
1. Where did the inspiration come from to start this fabulous accessory line?
My inspiration is self-made. Growing up I’ve always had a different, crazy, and bold style.
Life is an inspiration to me, but I love Alexander McQueen.
Actually someone told me I’m the next McQueen in accessories.
2. How do you come up with some of these intricate designs?
I prep myself to the highest level first. I think everything through first, and I outline every idea.
Sometimes I try to ask myself how I come up with such great ideas, but it’s a natural thing I guess.
3. What celebs can we find rocking’ your pieces?
You can find Willow Smith rocking some custom pieces, Jazi-J, and Rye-Rye is my next client.
I’m in the process of working with The OMG Girl, 3D Natee, and a few more celebs I have in mind.
I’m keeping everything on the low until I finish up my networking for each opportunity.
4. What hot new accessories can we expect for spring/summer 2012?
This Summer I will be working on several designs for my line.
I will have Apparel Designs, Bow-Ties, Bow-Tie Earrings, Aztec Jean Jackets, Necklaces, and more.
5. Your accessories are so bold and make a major statement, what type of customer do you have in mind when designing?
When I’m designing I usually have the runway in mind. I’m in love with high fashion, and the statement I live up to is “first come first serve”.
I’m an original person, and I take fashion to a whole another level, but you never know who will pop up on my radar.
6. How can we get your goods? (Here you can provide websites, social network sites and store locations where your pieces can be found). You can Google Tianna Jenkins or LA ‘Vintage Tribe, but since I love explaining here’s the information below.
My Facebook: Ti’anna FashionDesigner Jenkins
My Website: http://lavintagetribe.com
My Twitter: @LvTribeCC & @LaVintageTribe
My Tumblr: lvtribedesigner.tumblr.com
My Company Email: email@example.com
P.S. You can also check out my company “LA ‘Vintage Tribe “on Reality Television this April with True-Magazine!!